Account Manager Job description
Reports to: Senior Account Manager
We are the leading European veterinary Digital Marketing Agency. Our mission is to help veterinary businesses educate, gain and retain ideal clients using cutting-edge digital marketing techniques.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to develop strong, long-term relationships with our pharmaceutical and veterinary practice clients and to identify new business opportunities for them.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, comfortable with speaking to a variety of stakeholders, a good problem solver and must be highly organised in order to manage a portfolio of accounts, see that none are neglected, and work to deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaise with clients, including visits to engage with the team and plan marketing strategy effectively
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with accounts
- Ensure that all services are delivered to the client on time and to a suitable quality
- Report back to clients on KPIs
- Advise potential new clients on suitable services
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing clients
- Coordinate with team members working on the same account to ensure consistent service
- Support Senior Account Manager to reach prospective clients
- Manage workflow by assigning tasks to self or other team members as appropriate, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly
Experience and skills
- Ability to analyse and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Experience working in the veterinary sector preferred
- Detail-focused and comfortable working alone and as part of a team
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organisation skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Post: Permanent (following a successful 3-month probation period)
Start date: ASAP
Location: Home-based (Travel is required to visit accounts, attend congresses and for team meetings at our Southampton base)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Annual leave: 30 days per annum (including bank holidays). Following the probation period, we also offer your birthday off and two extra days that must be taken around Christmas (increasing annual leave allowance to 33 days per annum, including bank holidays).
Benefits: Following the probation period, we offer gym membership (or any health-related subscription) up to £35/month, Employee Assistance program, Pension and Death in Service cover.