Live Chat, News,
An Alternative to a Telephone Answering Service for your Veterinary Practice?.
Your practice telephones are ringing off the hook, and you’re potentially missing calls- you need a solution…
So, what are your options?
Traditionally veterinary clinics can:
- Hire another receptionist
- Install another phone line
- Hire a virtual assistant
- Use an external telephone answering service
All these options come with considerable extra cost, but we have an alternative that allows your clients to reach you and have their questions answered without your teams having to pick up the phone!
VetsDigital Live Chat
Our unique Live Chat service is an instant messaging platform integrated into your existing website, providing another, simple communication channel for your clients and non-clients to contact you.
Our RVN customer service experts respond instantly to client queries on your behalf, in your tone of voice, as if we were simply an extension of your team. Questions about services, pricing, general pet care advice, as well as appointment booking, can all be handled by our Live Chat team weekdays between 7am and 10.30pm. That means we’re also picking up enquiries whilst you’re closed- our busiest times are just before practices open and then when they close in the evening.
All Chats are documented; transcripts are sent to the practice at the chat conclusion, and we provide you with a detailed report each month.
By having Live Chat on your website, you can:
- Save at least 25 hours of staff time per month.
- Reduce pressure on your front of house staff.
- Visitors have access to instant responses from an RVN.
- Assure pet owners’ concerns and provide triage or direct them to emergency service without a telephone conversation.
- Offer a popular communication channel for clients to contact you.
- Aid clients to help themselves with appointment booking, prescription requests, referrals and more!
- Have conversations aligned to your business goals, such as encouraging pet health plan registrations.
- Build trust and rapport with otherwise anonymous web visitors.
- Avoid missed calls and save time on messaging and call-backs.
- Be available to help pet owners when your competitors are not.
- Allow clients the time to discuss sensitive topics such as euthanasia in a way that suits them.
According to our stats collated over the past year, our RVNs resolved the client’s query in chat either by answering their question, directing them to an online resource such as appointment booking or prescription request form or booking an appointment, 54.06% of the time. (Data based on UK first opinion practices).
This means no further action or communication from the client, or the practice was necessary.